– St Mary’s Church is open to visitors every day during daylight hours.
– Groups of visitors may arrange to be met and guided at the church (See ‘Visit’ and ‘Contact Us’ pages).
– Every Saturday Mass is celebrated at 5pm. All welcome.
– Four times a year the coffin is raised from beneath the altar (Use the ‘Contact Us’ form to enquire the time).
– April 20 Date of the reinterment in 2002
– August 15 Feast of the Assumption. Bishop Pompallier dedicated the Church in Aotearoa New Zealand under this title.
– December 8 Feast of the Immaculate Conception. Bishop Pompallier dedicated the whole mission to Western Oceania under this title.
– December 21 Date of the death of Bishop Pompallier.
Each year, on the second Sunday of January, a gathering of people from Northland and Auckland takes place, and a memorial Mass is celebrated. Access is by a 1km road from the main highway 10km north of Kohukohu.
Pompallier Hokianga Trust regrets to inform everyone, that the annual Tōtara Point Mass scheduled for January 9th 2022 has been cancelled.
Wherever we are on this special day, may we remember with thanksgiving the sacrifices made by Bishop Pompallier and the early Marists, as they journeyed far from their homeland, to proclaim the Good News. Kia kaha tātou